Cedric "Wise Old" Elf is the main tritagonist in the series who leads the Elves in any way he can. He resides in The Great Elf Tree along with all the other elves.
He is a trusted colleague of the King, and he typically deals with all the catastrophic happenings. He is a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy.
The Wise Old Elf’s loathe of magic creates situations in which there is light conflict between him and magical characters.
He is not as wise as he claims to be, knowing more about sport and architecture than about other things, but all the elves respect him greatly no matter what he does.
He rivals Nanny Plum due to their differing opinions over the use of magic.
The Wise Old Elf is known for taking an active role in the lives of his flatmates, which is always rewarding in some way. He sometimes pilots the Elf Helicopter in relation to the Elf Rescue Service. He is a prankster, being comedic when he wants to be, such as when mandated on Elf Joke Day.
He is quite tall, with his most notable feature being his long, white beard.
He wears a navy blue shirt, trousers and shoes. His hat is also navy blue and is a bit worn (most likely due to old age), and has a red leaf sticking out.
- He is known to like tropical islands and holidays.
- He has an older twin brother (older by 3 minutes) named the Wiser Older Elf, who is an Arctic Elf living in the North Pole working for Father Christmas.
- He attended college with Granny and Granpapa Thistle.
- Ironically when he was younger. he used to admire magic and enjoyed it himself when he was briefly given the ability.
- He is the father of Redbeard, Fred Elf and Captain Squid.